Here's the recipe:
1/3 cup flour
¼ cup unsweetened cocoa
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
6 squares semisweet chocolate, chopped up
½ cup butter or margarine
2 large eggs
¾ cup sugar
1 ½ tsps vanilla extract
2 cups pecans chopped
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 F, Grease 2 large cookie sheets.
- In small bowl combine flour, cocoa, baking powder & salt.
- In heavy 2 quart saucepan, melt chocolate and butter over low heat, stirring frequently, until smooth. Remove from heat and cool.
- In large bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat eggs and sugar until light and lemon colored, about 2 minutes, frequently scraping bowl with rubber spatula.
- Reduce speed to low. Add cooled chocolate mixture, flour mixture, and vanilla; beat until just blended. Increase speed to medium; beat 2 minutes.
- With wooden spoon, stir in pecans and chocolate chips.
- Drop batter by rounded teaspoons, 2 inches apart, on greased cookie sheets. With back of spoon spread batter into 2 inch rounds. Bake for 13 mins until tops are shiny and cracked. Cool 10 mins on cookie sheet. With metal spatula, transfer cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
Makes about 36 cookies.
Post a Comment