Friday 15 June 2012

What is YA? Under Cover

Not long ago, I read this blog post that explores, in depth, the covers on YA books. I too had been noticing the headless girls and foofy dresses. But the one that I noticed the most was the Blue-Black trend. So many of the books I read had blue and black covers! Let me demonstrate.

I loved Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor. Filled with amazing creatures, a romance, and a darn good story, I was enchanted. Cover?Blue and black, of course.

I had been meaning to read Tim Wynne-Jones' latest book, Blink and Caution, because I kept hearing people talk about it. Set in inner-city Toronto, this is a real thriller featuring fake kidnappings, drug-dealing (scary) boyfriends, accidental shootings, and of course, a bit of friendship and hope. And also, a blue and black cover.

So I started looking around... and noticed that the blue and black theme was rampant. It is used for all sorts of genres, from mystery to romance to thriller to realistic and historical fiction. Here are some more examples, just to give you a small taste! What cover trends have YOU spotted?


No comments:

Post a Comment