Monday, 7 November 2016
OverDrive launches new website
A new OverDrive site is coming to you on November 9th. The site has a cleaner look with less clutter. You can visit our current site for a preview.
What will you see:
· The site promises to be faster and easier to navigate.
· You will be able to sign in with either a library card and PIN, an overdrive account, or a facebook account. Because we have an Advantage Collection (where we purchase material exclusively for our users), you will not need to choose the library after the first time you sign in. Using cookies on your computer or device, OverDrive will remember which library you are using.
· Browse collection based on subject terms.
· When logged in, you can see what titles you currently have in your loans (borrowed), on hold, etc., in the banner on top of the book cover.
· The book icon at the top of the page is a shortcut taking you right to your loan page.
· Auto complete is enabled in the quick search, offering suggested titles, authors, etc, that begin with your first letters/words typed.
· You can now choose a lending limit from a "Borrow" drop-down menu on the item.
· A "recommend to read" list will appear after you place a hold, displaying titles similar to the one on which a hold was placed.
As always, if you have any questions about this service, you can ask for assistance by sending an email to email@example.com
Systems and Collections Access Coordinator