Potato chip toffee chocolate chip cookies, baked by Angela Reynolds, Head of Youth Services
From the eBook, Sally’s Baking Addiction by Sally McKenney
Her website is http://sallysbakingaddiction.com/
Prep time: 15 minutes - total time: 2 hours 50 minutes*
2 ¼ c all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 ½ tsp cornstarch
½ tsp salt
¾ c. (1 ½ sticks) butter, melted
¾ c. light brown sugar
½ c. granulated sugar
1 large egg, plus 1 egg yolk
2 tsp vanilla
¾ c. crushed potato chips
½ c. crushed Skor bar (2 regular size bars)
1) Whisk the flour, baking soda, cornstarch, and salt together in a large bowl. Set aside.
2) In a medium bowl, whisk the melted butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar together until no sugar lumps remain. Whisk in the egg & egg yolk, then vanilla. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix together. Fold in chocolate chips, potato chips, and toffee pieces. Cover the dough and chill for at least 2 hours (or up to 3 days).
3) Take the dough out of the refrigerator and allow to soften slightly at room temperature (about 10 minutes).
4) Preheat oven to 325. Line two large cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
5) Roll the dough into balls, about 3 tablespoons of dough per cookie. (NOTE: I made smaller cookies, using about 1 Tbsp. for each). If dough is crumbly, the warmth of your hands will help it come together in a ball.
6) Bake each batch for 11-12 minutes. The cookies will look very soft and underbaked. Remove from oven and let cool on the cookie sheet slightly before moving to a wire rack to cool completely. The cookies will stay fresh in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 10 days.
You can make the dough balls and freeze them – bake whenever you want cookies! To bake, place on cookie sheet and add an extra minute to baking time.
Angela’s notes: I made the dough in the evening, and then baked the cookies after work the next day. Easy! Also, this is an eBook. I have a great tip for baking with your tablet on the counter: put your tablet in a clean, clear ziplock bag. You can still use the tablet, and you won’t get sticky fingerprints on your screen !